The Transplant Journey is an annual conference hosted by TRIO Maryland and The Living Legacy Foundation featuring physicians, nurses, social works, and medical professionals from The Johns Hopkins Comprehensive Transplant Center, The University of Maryland Transplant Center, and other local medical professional with expertise in donation and transplantation. Speakers will present on an array of topics relevant to transplant recipients, caregivers, those on the wait list, and those considering living donation.
This conference is FREE but registration is required!
*topics subject to change*
Registration Opens 8:00 am
Welcome and Overview 8:45am-9:00am
- Introduction by Conference Committee, TRIO Maryland and The Living Legacy Foundation.
Session One – 9:15am-10:15am
- Breakout 1: Preparing for your Kidney Transplant
- Breakout 2: Preparing for your Liver Transplant
- Breakout 3: Preparing for your Heart or Lung Transplant
- Breakout 4: Getting Involved and Giving Back Post Transplant Panel
- Breakout 5: Post-Transplant Medications
Session Two – 10:30am-11:15am
- Breakout 1: Pre-Transplant Medications
- Breakout 2: Mental Health, Depression and Anxiety Before and After Transplant
- Breakout 3: Hepatitis C
- Breakout 4: Living Liver Donation Process and Programs
- Breakout 5:Transplant Dermatology
Session Three – 11:30am-12:15pm
- Breakout 1: Transplant Nutrition and Diet
- Breakout 2: Caregiver/Recipient Panel
- Breakout 3: Living Kidney and Liver Donor Programs with Panel Discussion
- Breakout 4: Bone Density, Endocrine and Diabetes
- Breakout 5: Sexuality Post-Transplant
Continuing the Conversation 12:15pm-1:00pm
- An opportunity for informal “Questions and Answers” with transplant professionals.